Serenity

Serenity
The Breachway

Monday, August 1, 2011

Ribbons, strings. threads and yarns; We're talking kids here!

When I think about teaching, the last thing I want to do is lecture in front of rows upon rows of learners, struggling to stay awake. How awful that must be! Learning new things or revisiting old, should be exciting and fun. Who better to set the tone for learning, than the learners themselves!
I like to think of kids, my students as bits of yarn, or strands of thread; ribbons all shiny and blowing in the breeze. With the right instruction and a skilled hand, these colorful bits and pieces begin to weave together and form a wonderful fabric; the designs, the colors, the stories all unique.
It is my job to take hold of all those little beginnings and help guide my learners across the fabric, through other bits of the weave, connecting and entwining in the pieces of their peers, their families and their communities, to become a part of this wonderful and wonder filled, fabric
The richness of color, diversity of experiences and strength of community will make a beautiful display and a treasure for all.

No comments: